GIF is dead. Who’s next?
My actual plan as a mind three here: https://www.mindmeister.com/1383569545
- not only videos to replace GIFs
- real usage problems of high-performant video codecs
- codecs vendors wars
- preparing of videos for different platforms using ffmpeg and automation of it
- problems of using of videos in WebGL applications
- how to make cross-platform transparent video
Currently we need to think about resources size and performance budgets. But what about application full of animations that really matters? Is It possible to use it with slow connection in subway on non hi-end device?